FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
COLD BREW DIRECTIONS
1) Measure 3 grams of tea leaves per cup of water in any vessel you choose. Rinse leaves with water at (180°F) for 1 minute, then drain.
2) Fill vessel with cold filtered water, preferably with ice.
3) Steep in the refrigerator – (12 hours for a mellow brew, 24 hours for a mighty one)
4) Strain out leaves.
5) Store cold, serve over ice.
Check out our cold brew video for more information!
HOT BREW DIRECTIONS
1) Measure 3 grams per cup of hot water
2) It is best to use a cast-iron pot for green tea, and a porcelain pot for Oolong and Black tea
3) Use the following water temperatures for each type of tea:
A) Green Tea - 175°F
B) Oolong Tea - 185°F
C) Black Tea - 200°F
4) Combine leaves and water in pot, first 1 minute steep is to wash out leaves. Discard first steep.
5) Second steep lasts for 2 minutes, Third for 3 minutes. Continue to add 1 minute for steep until leaves loose taste.
6) Extend steep times if a stronger tea is wanted.
WHERE TO FIND US
Follow us @drunkenmeadow to keep up with where we are in New York! All of our teas and cold-brew products can also be found at our online shop.
For any other inquiries, please contact us at: email@example.com